- 1lb Flank Steak
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 8 Cups Baby Spinach or Mixed Greens
- 8 Button Mushrooms
- ¼ C Raspberries
- ½ Medium Sized Avocado
- Low Carb Italian Salad Dressing (Walden Farms available at Sprouts in Sunnyvale)
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium high heat.
- Massage garlic into the flank steak and season liberally with black pepper and sea salt.
- Grill approximately 5 minutes per side, turning the steak one-quarter turn halfway through to achieve the grill marks. Set the cooked steak aside to rest.
- Plate the spinach or mixed greens, avocado, mushrooms and raspberries as desired.
- Slice the steak into thin pieces on a slight angle against the grain.
- Serve the steak over the salad ingredients and drizzle with salad dressing.
Steak may be served warm or cold, topping the salad, however, this recipe is perfect for an easy lunch, using steak from dinner the night before.
GreenLite Units per serving: 3.5 Protein, .25 Carbs, 2 Condiment
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
*Recipe and photo adapted from Practical Paleo