Using a slow cooker makes it easy to have a delicious meal the moment you walk in the door. You can remove the meat to thaw right after dinner and let it soak in the flavors overnight.
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 15 oz can of pumpkin (or steamed or oven-roasted and pureed)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 3 lbs pork loin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sriracha (or other hot sauce), to taste
- 2 cups frozen kale
- Season the loin all over with salt, pepper, and garlic. If you have time, let it stand overnight to soak in the flavors.
- Add onions an peppers to the bottom of a crockpot in an even layer. Place the loin on top of the onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Add mixture to slow cooker to 2/3 of the way up the pork loin.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes covered loosely with foil.
- Add 2 cups of frozen kale and allow to cook on high in the sauce for 15 minutes until heated through. Taste and adjust seasoning. Purée sauce, if desired.
- Slice the meat thinly and smother with sauce. Serve over oven-roasted broccoli, cauliflower or any other roasted vegetable.