4 oz fresh or frozen shrimp in shells
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper and more, to taste
½ of 9-oz package frozen artichoke hearts
¼ cup fat-free or low-fat milk
¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Nonstick cooking spray
3 tbsp finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Sliced green onions (optional)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Halve shrimp lengthwise, season shrimp with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook artichoke hearts according to package direction; drain. Cut artichoke hearts into quarters, season lightly with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, green onions, garlic powder and the 1/8 tsp pepper; set aside.
- Lightly coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add shrimp to hot skillet; cook shrimp for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add artichoke heart and egg mixture to the pan; cook; scraping the sides and bottom of pan with a rubber spatula to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, 3-4 minutes.
- Place underneath 400º broiler for 5-8 minutes to set egg on top. Add cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes to allow cheese to melt; serve.
Yield: 5 Servings
Exchanges per serving: Protein: 3 – Carb: 1/2
Nutrition facts per serving: 190 calories (90 calories from fat); 10g fat; 20g protein; 4g net carb