This salmon dish is not only deliciously fresh, but adds a touch of elegance. It would make for a wonderful dinner with good company.
Ingredients (2 servings)
Salmon Fillets in a Strawberry-Balsamic Reduction Sauce:
- 2 salmon fillets 3 to 4 ounces each
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries (save some extra to garnish)
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place all ingredients for the strawberry-balsamic reduction into a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency. Pour into a saucepan and allow to come to a boil and reduce by half.
- Meanwhile, lay salmon fillets on a foil lined baking pan. Sprinkle with black pepper and cook in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of the reduction on plates then add one salmon fillet and top with sauce and extra berries as needed.
- Serve with 1 1/2 cups of roasted brussels sprouts.
Units per serving:
- Protein: 3
- Carbohydrate: 1
- Condiment: 1
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 175 Calories
- 10g Fat
- 19g Protein
- 0g Net Carbs
- 34 Calories
- 7g Net Carbs
- 57 Calories
- 0g Fat
- 5g Protein
- 10g Net Carbs
Original recipe and photo by Marcus D, Alice Radio dj. healthy adaptation by Greenlite Medicine.