4 well-trimmed, 1 inch thick, loin lamb chops, about 4 ounces each
1 garlic clove, halved
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub both sides of the chops with the cut sides of the garlic cloves. Lightly brush the chops on both sides with oil. Lightly season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-safe nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chops and cook 2 minutes. Turn the chops over and place the skillet in the oven. Roast 8-10 minutes for medium rare.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining parsley, chopped garlic and lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Divide the chops among 4 warmed plates. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon gremolata on each.
Yield: 4 Servings
Exchanges per serving:
Protein: 3 (lean)
Nutrition facts per serving:
254 calories (117 calories from fat); 13g fat; 34g protein; 0.2g net carb