Even though this breakfast porridge has pumpkin, it’s great year-round when you want something hearty and creamy.
Ingredients | Serves 4
- 1 Cup part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Water ( less for thicker consistency)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla or to taste
- 1 T Flax Seed Meal
- 1 Packet of Artificial Sweetener (Stevia, Splenda, Truvia)
This warm and light breakfast is prepared on the stove and is ideally made in a non-stick skillet.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, combine the ricotta with 1 Cup water – add 1 T flax seed meal, which will thicken the mixture and add some extra bulk to the porridge. Simmer combination on low heat.
- Then, add the egg to the wet mixture and beat well (use a small whisk or fork). Be sure all parts of the egg are combined.
- Now combine the pumpkin and salt and mix well.
- Stir while heating on medium – low heat. When the consistency of the porridge becomes “grainy”, remove from heat as that is an indicator the egg is cooked.
- Sweeten to taste and add cinnamon and nutmeg or add a touch of Da Vinci’s Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup.
Units per serving:
- Protein 1.5
- Carbohydrate .5
- Condiments 1
- 2.5 g of effective Carb
- 1.5 g of Fiber
- 9.75 g Protein
- 122 Calories
- 7.5 g Fat