Potatoes, while a vegetable, are still starchy and can add significant calories, fat and carbs when they’re sliced, diced, and made into a crunchy snack.
We got to sample several flavors of the chips here in the GreenLite offices, and here are our unbiased thoughts:
- Variety of flavors, including BBQ, Sea Salt, Cheddar + Sour Cream, Salt + Vinegar (or grab a variety pack)
- Packaged in individual-sized bags for easy portability and travel
- Light and crispy – they have a similar texture to LAYS potato chips
- True to flavor – the BBQ tastes like BBQ!
- Many of us thought the chips had a slightly chalky aftertaste
- Unlike the Healthwise chips, it seemed a little tough to get through an entire bag of the Quest chips based on the aftertaste (which could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it)
- For 21 grams of protein, one bag is also equivalent to a meal replacement (which really isn’t worth it in our book for one bag of chips)
We still think they’re a better option than potato chips, and you might just have to try some for yourself before making your decision.
Let us know if you like them!