If you are living a healthy lifestyle or are in the process to lose weight, you probably know quite a bit about health and fitness. You may also be surprised at how much more there is to learn. Give this quick 10-question quiz a try to see just how much you know about health and fitness. After you complete the quiz, be sure to check the answer key below. You may learn a fun fact that helps you achieve an existing goal, such as to lose weight, or spark a new one.
1. Which of the food(s) below help boost metabolism?
E. All of the Above
2. Which statement(s) are true about organic produce?
A. Organic meat and milk contain more nutrients than non-organic foods
B. Organic foods are more difficult to find
C. Organically-raised animals are not fed any animal byproducts
D. A & C
E. & B
3. The calorie measure tells you if a food is fattening or not?
4. Which of the following must be present to make a food a superfood?
A. Dense concentration of vital nutrients
B. Prevents disease
C. Contains good fat
D. Any food that is good for you
E. None of the Above
5. What information can NOT be found on a nutrition label?
A. Serving Size
C. Dietary Fiber
6. Muscle weighs more than fat.
7. Which contains the MOST sugar?
A. Hard candy
B. Soda Pop/Soft Drinks
C. Barbecue Sauce
D. Fruit Canned in Syrup
E. Cakes and Pies
8. Pick the fruit or vegetable that has the most sugar
9. How many calories would you need to burn (through exercise alone) in order to lose 1 pound a week?
10. What is the target heart rate zone for a healthy adult that is 34 years of age?
B. 100 – 115
C. 120 – 140
D. 150 – 162
E. 120 – 130
After giving yourself a grade and a gold star, test a friend or family member’s knowledge of health and fitness. Information is power! If you are trying to lose weight, it is essential. It never hurts to regularly pick up a fact or two.
- False; it measures the energy value
- False; a pound is a pound; however, muscle is denser than fat and takes up less space