It’s also an easy dish to make ahead of time and heat up in the micowave on busy mornings.
(Recipe inspired by Macheesmo)
- 6 ounces ham, diced
- 1 large bunch swiss chard, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 soft-boiled eggs
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
1) Dice ham and rinse and dice chard. Try to cut out any of the large ribs in the chard.
2) Add ham to a large skillet over medium heat with a spritz of non stick cooking spray. Cook until ham starts to brown slightly, about five minutes. Add chard and sliced red onion and cook until chard starts to wilt, about another 2-3 minutes.
3) Season veggies with salt and pepper and divide between two large bowls.
4) Top with avocado slices, an egg (poached, soft-boiled or over-easy), and a dash of hot sauce.
Nutritional Info: (per serving) Calories: 210, Fat: 9.8g, Carbs: 6.7, Protein: 25g
GreenLite Units: 3P, 1C