Enjoy grilling this summer with this low carb barbecue sauce!
Ingredients (16 servings – serving size 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 cup onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium beef bouillon paste
- 1/2 cup truvia or other sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3- 6 oz. cans low sugar tomato paste
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons hickory flavored liquid smoke
- In a medium sauce pan add oil, onions, and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add bouillon and hot water and stir until dissolved. Add tomato paste and the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 10 to 20 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool. Sauce can be used now or stored in the freezer for future use.
Units per serving:
- Condiment: 1
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 40 Calories
- 4.4 g Net carbohydrate
Original recipe from GreenLite client, Sharon Johnson. A healthy adaptation by GreenLite Medicine.