For ease of baking, a shallow baking pan measuring 11 x 17 inches works best, as it allows the batter to fill the pan and spread to a cracker thickness. With a smaller pan, you may have to bake in two batches.
Ingredients (48 thin crackers)
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cups water
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In food chopper or food processor, grind pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Remove and place in large bowl. Add chickpea flour and mix.
- Place shredded Parmesan cheese in food chopper or food processor and pulse briefly until reduced to granular consistency. Add to grind pumpkin or sunflower seed meal and mix. Stir in egg whites and olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic powder, mustard, sea salt and mix thoroughly. Add water and mix. Add additional water, if necessary, one tablespoon at a time, to obtain a consistency similar to pancake batter.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and smooth to fill pan and obtain a thickness of a cracker. If too thick, remove some batter and re-smooth. (Optionally, roll a clean cylindrical glass or bottle over top to smooth and yield a consistent thickness).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges browned and center firm. For a dry, extra crunchy texture, reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F and bake additional 60 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool. Cut with pizza cutter to 48 pieces (6 rows x 8 columns).
Units per serving:
- Condiment: 2
Nutrition facts per serving of 3 crackers:
- 82 Calories (54 calories from fat)
- 6g Fat
- 5g Protein
- 2g Net Carbs