0 Flares 0 Flares ×
These knock-off lettuce wraps taste like the real thing, but are a lot healthier!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- salt & pepper, a dash of each
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch nob fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (or more if you like it hotter)
- 1 packet of splenda (optional)
- dash of fresh pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2-8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 10-12 large outer lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet on high. Add chicken, onion, salt & pepper, and cook until chicken is nearly done, stirring often to break up the meat. Add in minced garlic and ginger, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce and pepper. Add splenda, if desired. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Add into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add green onion and water chestnuts into the skillet then cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and serve with cold lettuce leaves.