This flavorful fish dish bakes at a low heat. You can easily tell when it is done when the fish starts to flake, but it doesn’t change color as much because it holds its moisture — no more dried-out fish!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 pound salmon filet
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (thyme, dill or anything you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (a bit more if kosher, or if fish is skinned)
- Oil for smearing baking dish
- Heat the oven to 200 F.
- Chop up the herb, and mix it with the salt and pepper.
- Smear the oil on an oven-proof serving platter, and put the fish on top. If the filet is skinned, put some salt and pepper on both sides, otherwise just put the fish skin side down and season the top. Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, until salmon flakes.
- You can serve it with a homemade tartar sauce mixing yogurt, lemon zest and juice, some of the same herb used on the fish, capers, and a very small amount of hot sauce.