1 Flares 1 Flares ×
This quick and easy to make savory dish, has a blend of succulent shrimp and crisp vegetables.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced (6 ounces total)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add bell peppers, asparagus, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- Add the 2 teaspoons oil, garlic, and lemon zest to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper, if using. Cook, stirring, until the broth has reduced slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Add vegetables back to pan and heat through. Stir in lemon juice and parsley, mix well.