These bite-sized morsels are absolutely beautiful, with tender spinach and basil leaves peeking out of delicate grilled zucchini rolls filled with creamy herb goat cheese.
Ingredients (makes 16 hors d’oeuvres)
- 3 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 oz. fresh, reduced-fat goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. baby spinach leaves (2 cups lightly packed)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- Prepare a medium grill fire or heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Discard the out-most slices of zucchini and lightly brush the rest with the oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 4 minutes. (You can grill the zucchini a day ahead and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator).
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing them together with a fork.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and one small or half of a large basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices. You can make these up to a day before you are ready to serve and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Units per 2-roll serving:
- Condiment: 1
Nutrition data per 2-roll serving:
- 32 Calories (22 calories from fat)
- 2.5g Fat
- 1g Protein
- 1.5g Net Carbs