GreenLite Recipe: Grilled Radicchio and Fontina
- 1 ten-ounce head radicchio
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces finely grated Fontina, Gruyere or Gouda cheese
- Keeping base intact, quarter radicchio so head opens out into four wedges. Combine vinegar, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Whisk in oil. Brush half the vinaigrette over cut radicchio.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat. Place radicchio, cut-side down, on the pan. Cover radicchio with a metal bowl. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until leaves start to soften. Turn radicchio over and sprinkle with most of the cheese, leaving a little for garnish. Cover and cook on low heat until outer leaves are soft and cheese has melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter, drizzle with remaining half of the vinaigrette, 1/2 tablespoon oregano, and cheese.
Units per serving:
- Protein: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 0.5
- Condiments: 2
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 136 Calories (103 calories from fat)
- 11.5g Fat
- 4.5g Protein
- 3.5g Net Carbs