9 Flares 9 Flares ×
Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet is a quick and fresh-tasting weeknight meal.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1lb chicken breasts, pounded thin
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 5 oz low-fat spreadable herb cheese (like Laughing Cow Light)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 small lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, basil, or parsley
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil then season both sides with salt and pepper. Cook in a nonstick sprayed skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink in the center, then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium then add 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and shallots. Saute until shallots are slightly softened, about 1 minute, then add low-fat herb cheese, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Stir until creamy, then add in fresh herbs. Spoon sauce over cooked chicken and serve.