This recipe is suggested by a GreenLite Medicine client, who substituted tofu for yogurt. She ended up liking the tofu version even better than the original yogurt recipe. Requiring only 5 minutes of preparation, this is a perfect refreshing dish for a warm summer day!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 Persian cucumbers (the small ones)
- 14 oz soft/silken tofu
- 5-10 mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/3 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 3 Thai green chillies (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Water, as needed, to get soupy consistency
- 2 tablespoons salsa, for topping
- Chop persian cucumbers roughly into 4 inch pieces.
- Drain tofu. Puree all ingredients in batches in a blender till the mixture reaches a smooth soup like consistency. Top with salsa and enjoy!
Units per serving:
- Protein: 1.5
- Carbohydrate: 1
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 94 Calories (36 calories from fat)
- 4g Fat
- 10g Protein
- 5.5g Net Carbs
Original recipe from a GreenLite client. A healthy adaptation by GreenLite Medicine.