Start up the grill with this moist and delicious Thai inspired chicken dish.
Ingredients (4 servings)
For the Chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 (4 ounce) Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
For the Grilled Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh asparagus cut into 2 – 2 1/2 inch sections
- 1 – 8 oz. package of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Put the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth for the marinade.
- Pour marinade over chicken breasts and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your grill or broiler.
- Cook until the inside of the chicken is 165F on the meat thermometer.
- Take off grill and allow the chicken breasts to rest for 5 minutes before serving, this prevents the meat from drying up.
For Grilled Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Marinate asparagus and mushrooms in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray or grill basket with olive oil. Add the asparagus and mushrooms in the basket.
- Stir fry until tender but still crisp (this can be done while chicken is resting).
Units per serving:
- Protein: 4
- Carbohydrates: .5
- Condiments: 2
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 257 Calories (114 calories from fat)
- 13g Fat
- 28g Protein
- 3g Net Carbs