This simple to make savory treat will delight all of your guests during your next get together!
Ingredients (makes 24 hors d’oeuvres)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 packet of Splenda/Stevia
- Pinch cayenne
- About 32 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Trim any visible fat from the chicken breasts. With a sharp knife, cut the breasts lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices (you should have about 6 slices per breast). Cut each slice in half crosswise to make about 32 pieces total.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice with oil, garlic, curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour. (You can also marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours).
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon lemon juice with the peanut butter, coconut milk, sweetener, cayenne, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan.
- Position an oven rack as close to the broiler as possible and heat the broiler to high. Thread one chicken piece onto the end of each skewer. Set the skewered chicken on a broiler pan and broil, turning the skewers once halfway through, until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes total.
- While the chicken cooks, warm the sauce gently over medium-low or low heat. If the sauce seems very thick, thin it with about 1 tablespoon water. Let the chicken cool slightly and then serve the satés with the peanut sauce for dipping.
Units per 2 hors d’oeuvre serving:
- Protein: 1
- Condiment: 2
Nutrition facts per 2 hors d’oeuvre serving:
- 85 Calories (48 calories from fat)
- 4.5g Fat
- 8.5g Protein
- <1g Net Carbs