4 Flares 4 Flares ×
This dish is a delicious and easy way to enjoy squash any day of the year!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 pound), trimmed and tenders removed
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow (crookneck) squash, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, dill, or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To prepare packets, start with four 20- to 24-inch-long pieces of parchment paper or foil. Fold in half crosswise. With the parchment or foil folded, draw half a heart shape on one side as you would if you were making a Valentine. Use scissors to cut out the heart shape. Open up the heart.
- Place a chicken breast on one side of each open heart fairly close to the crease, leaving at least a 1-inch border around the edges for folding, and spread chicken with mustard.
- Toss zucchini, yellow squash, shallots, tomatoes, oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide 1/4 of the vegetable mixture on top of each piece of chicken.
- Close the packet to cover the ingredients. Starting at the top, seal the packet by folding the edges together in a series of small, tight folds. Twist the tip of the packet and tuck it underneath to help keep the packet closed.
- Place the packets on a large rimmed baking sheet (packets may overlap slightly). Bake until the vegetables are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, about 20 minutes. (Carefully open one package to check for doneness, be cautious of the steam.) Let the packets rest unopened for 5 minutes before serving.