390 Flares 390 Flares ×
This hot and cheesy pasta dish is actually made with spaghetti squash and other delectable veggies! It is so good that no one will realize it’s gluten-free!
Ingredients (5 servings)
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces shredded lowfat mozzarella (such as Trader Joe’s Lite Shredded Mozzarella cheese)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Poke spaghetti squash all over with a knife and cook in the microwave for 8 to 12 minutes until soft. If you don’t have a microwave, place the poked squash on a baking pan and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes. While that’s cooking, add the oil, garlic, pepper, zucchini, and onion to a pan, cooking over medium heat.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and with a fork, scrape the flesh from the peel. It should flake off easily in strings, resembling spaghetti. Place the spaghetti squash flesh in a casserole dish. Add the cooked veggies, diced tomato, tomato sauce, and most of the cheese and mix well. Sprinkle leftover cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Allow to cool for five minutes before serving.