49 Flares 49 Flares ×
This dish would make for an excellent lunch. It is light, tasty and easy to prepare!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 bunches asparagus spears, trimmed (about 40)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- Break the eggs into 8 individual containers (such as teacups, prep bowls, or paper cups). Fill a large, low-sided pan with water, and add vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a separate pot of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus spears, and cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus with tongs and set aside.
- Dry the medium saucepan. Add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat, add lemon juice, parsley, remaining salt, and pepper; swirl the pan to combine. Add asparagus and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; then toss with lemon-oil sauce to coat.
- Slowly pour each egg into the boiling poaching water and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and remove pan from burner. Divide asparagus among 4 plates.
- Remove the eggs from water with a slotted spoon, one at a time, blotting bottom of the spoon on a towel to absorb excess moisture. Place 2 eggs on each mound of asparagus. Pour any remaining sauce over each serving and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Units per serving:
- Protein: 2.5 (count as high fat protein)
- Carbohydrate: 1
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 227 Calories (135 calories from fat)
- 15g Fat
- 18g Protein
- 5g Net Carbs