Shirataki noodles let you enjoy a “pasta style” meal while staying low carb. Make as much as you want because we all know leftovers are great to have around! We actually think they have even more flavor the second day!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 Packages of Shirataki Noodles
- 1 Package of Enoki Mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 2 Cups Fresh or Drained Can Petite Tomatoes
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion
- 1 Cup Fat-free chicken broth
- Fresh or Dried Italian herbs to taste: examples are oregano, Italian parsley, garlic and onion chives, rosemary and basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 oz of already cooked cut up chicken breast (any protein or mixed veggie combo will work just as well)
- 1/2 oz of grated non-fat mozzarella
- Saute onion in a non- stick pan with a little cooking spray.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for a minute or two (set aside).
- Add tomatoes and spices then let sauce thicken.
- Slowly add in chicken broth, once chicken broth is in let simmer. After you gave been able to let your sauce simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add Chicken and Mushrooms Back into sauce (or protein of choice). In the meantime drain and rinse noodles in very hot water for while as chicken and mushrooms are heating in the sauce (You may want to cut noodles as they are very long).
- Pour all ingredients A bowl and mix.
Units per serving:
- Protein: 2.5
- Carbohydrate: .5
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 120 Calories
- .5g Fat
- 17g Protein
- 3.5g Net Carbs
Recipe by Nancy Lepow-Marrone.