Juicy grass-fed steak mixed with fresh vegetables make this salad an irresistible summer lunch or dinner to share among family or friends.
Ingredients (5 servings)
- 1 pound grass-fed flank, skirt, or strip steak (about 1/2-inch-thick)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice + 2 tablespoons reserved for tossing at the end
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped peeled jicama, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup diced bottled roasted red peppers
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 1 ounce queso fresco, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place steak in shallow dish. Whisk together next 5 ingredients (through garlic). Pour marinade over steak, and coat both sides. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Set grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade, season both sides with salt. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145 F (for medium rear). Transfer to cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss jicama with lime juice. Put spinach in a large bowl. Add roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes, jicama, avocado, and queso fresco. Toss with reserved 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Divide salad among 5 plates, arranging steak on top. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Units per serving:
- Protein: 3 (count as lean)
- Carbohydrate: 1
- Condiment: 1
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 190 Calories (80 calories from fat)
- 9g Fat
- 20.5g Protein
- 7g Net Carbs